VIP CCW Services is an authorized CCW training provider for ALL agencies listed below.
|LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT (LASD)|
|LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)|
|ALHAMBRA POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|AZUSA POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|BALDWIN PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|BELL GARDENS POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|BEVERLY HILLS POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|BURBANK POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|CLAREMONT POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|COVINA POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|DOWNEY POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|EL SEGUNDO POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|GLENDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|HAWTHORNE POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|IRWINDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|LA VERNE POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|LONG BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|MANHATTAN BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|POMONA POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|REDONDO BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|SAN GABRIEL POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|SANTA MONICA POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|SIGNAL HILL POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|SOUTH GATE POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|TORRANCE POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|WEST COVINA POLICE DEPARTMENT|
Sign up for your Zoom lecture and let us take care of the rest!
Our class is approximately 8 hours long(not less than). Portions of the class are online starting with an interactive initial zoom lecture. The Zoom lecture is approximately approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes. This can be done from the comfort of your home or office. Prior to the zoom lecture you will review reading materials inside our online learning portal.
Please note, for the Zoom lecture is interactive, you must please be in a quiet, stationary environment (ie. not driving). Your video and audio must be on for the entire class, no exceptions.
Range Qualifications (which includes classroom training) are set up via our online portal once you sign up. For Los Angeles County CCW Students, range qualifications are held at LAX Range and scheduled at dates and times convenient for the student! Both weekday and weekend range qualification times are available!
Our training course is taught in compliance with PC 26165. Upon completion you will have satisfied the training requirement in order to receive your Los Angeles County CCW Permit, LAPD CCW Permit, or any the other police departments listed herein.
In this class you will learn topics including but not limited to:
- California laws regarding the possession of a firearm in public
- California laws regarding the safe storage of a firearm within a residence and in public
- California laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm
- Criminal and Civil liability laws regarding firearms
- Safe Handling of firearms including assembly, disassembly, cleaning and reassembly.
- Firearm safety, responsible firearm ownership.
- Safe storage, handling, transportation and maintenance of a firearm.
- Different ammunition types: hollow point vs. full metal jacket.
- Responsibilities associated with possessing and carrying a firearm.
- De-escalation techniques and threat assessment.
- Holster types and selection.
- Federal Firearms laws.
- Traveling with firearms.
- How to safely, respectfully, and courteously handle a law enforcement encounter such as being pulled over.
Are you a First Responder or Military? Thank you for your service. Take advantage of a $25 discount on this class.
Military/Law Enforcement/First Responder Discount of $25 is applicable to this class (Inclusive of but not limited to: LA County Probation, LA County Parole, LA City Fire Department, LA County Fire Department, Emergency Medical Technicians). Please enter First Responder or Military in the discount code section at checkout.