Q: How often do you teach the Los Angeles County (including Los Angeles County Cities) CCW?
Our Los Angeles County CCW (including Los Angeles County Cities) Permit Group Classes are taught in person only. Classes are weekly. Finding a time that works for you should not be a challenge.
For Initial Permit Applicants there are two lectures: (lecture 1 and lecture 2. Lecture 2 includes live lecture/practical work and a range proficiency test.
For renewal applicants only the 8 hour lecture2/Class/Range is required.
Reading materials, handouts are provided on your student dashboard for the class.
After enrollment, links are provided on your student dashboard to schedule Lecture 1 and lecture2/Class/Range.
After completing lecture 1 students set up a lecture2/Class/Range on a date that works for their schedule.
We utilize several ranges in Los Angeles and Orange County, depending on what is most convenient for you. The entire class is approximately (never less than) 8 hours for renewal students and 16 hours for initial permit applicants.
These time requirements are as per PC 26165 and requirements set forth by CA SB2.
Q: How often do you teach the  Orange County CCW Permit Classes and Kern County CCW Permit Classes?
For Orange County CCW Permit Classes and Kern County CCW Permit Classes, the lecture portions are taught Online (via live interactive zoom) and In-Person.
Classes are weekly. Finding a time that works for you should not be a challenge.


Q: What is the range qualification for the Los Angeles County/Orange County Permit Class?

For Los Angeles students, an NRA B-27 target is utilized. You must get 17 of 24 shots within the 7 ring from 3,5 and 7 yards. For each additional firearm (up to 3 total) you must get 7 out 10 shots within the 7 ring at 5 and 7 yards.

The same course of fire is utilized for the renewal classes.

For Orange County the course of fire is 24 total rounds 3, 5 & 7 yards on a standard B-27 target.

Q: What is the range qualification for the Kern County CCW Permit Class?

An FBI-Q Target is used.

  1. Must qualify with each firearm the applicant is requesting carry on the permit.
  2. Minimum Standard 12 rounds course: 4 rounds at 5 yards, 2 rounds gun hand only , 2 rounds support hand only from 5 yards, and 4 rounds 7 yards
  3. Passing score 75% (Miss three (3) outside bottle outline)

Q: Will I need to break down and re-assemble as a requirement to pass the CCW Class?

Yes. For our CCW Classes, you will need to demonstrate competency in breaking down and re-assembling your firearms. 

Q: What do I need to bring to the range qualification for the CA CCW Permit Classes?

Eye and Ear Protection, 72 rounds of ammunition for your first firearm, 20 rounds for you second and third firearm if applicable. You may qualify with up to 3 firearms.

Please note, students must leave all ammunition in their vehicles for the classroom portions of the range qualifications. Absolutely no ammunition is allowed in the classroom at any time, no exceptions.

Q: If I take the non-resident CCW Class that is offered by VIP CCW Services, which state’s non-resident CCW Permits will I be qualified to apply for? 

If you complete our non-resident CCW Class, you will have met the pre-requisite training requirements for the non-resident CCW Permits offered by the following states: Arizona, Utah, Florida, Virgina and Oregon. Florida requires a live fire assessment that would be conducted at a range and separate from the classroom portion of the class.

Q: If I take the LA County CCW, Orange County CCW, Kern County CCW, Culver City PD CCW Class etc, am I guaranteed to be issued a CCW permit? 


The Sheriff's Department or Police Department you submitted your application to  evaluates applications and performs a background check. VIP CCW Services has no role whatsoever in the approval process of a CA CCW Permit. It is at the sole discretion of the applicable law enforcement agency whether they will issue the applicant a permit to the applicant.

Q: I am a resident of California. Can I still apply for a CCW Permit issued by Arizona, Utah, Florida, Virginia and Oregon?

Yes! These states all issue non-resident CCW Permits. Unless you are a prohibited person, you will be issued a non-resident CCW permit.

Q: What is the typical application process to obtain a non-resident CCW permit?

Using the State Of Utah as an example, applicants are required to:

  1. Be 21 or over
  2. Complete a firearms safety class taught by a state certified instructor certified by the Utah Department Of Public Safety (BCI)
  3. Pass a FBI Background Check
  4. Submit a competed application to Utah Department Of Public Safety (BCI)
  5. Submit a government issued pictured ID, passport sized photograph and set of fingerprints 
  6. Pay the application fee to Utah Department Of Public Safety which is currently $63.25

Q: How long does it take to receive my non Resident Multi-State CCW Permit?

Not long! As an example, per Utah statute, an application for a concealed carry permit must be processed within 60 days of the application being received.

Q: What are the typical requirements for being able to obtain a non-resident CCW Permit? 

Generally speaking, an application for non-resident CCW Permit must meet the requirements outlined below:

  • has not been convicted of a felony;
  • has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
  • has not been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol;
  • has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
  • has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
  • has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
  • has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
  • is qualified to purchase and possess a firearm under federal law

Q: How long is the non-resident class taught by VIP CCW Services?

The class is approximately 4 hours long, excluding range time if applicable. It is taught in person only.

Q: What do I need to bring to class?

Bring a government issued picture ID, black ink pen, paper and food for yourself. We want you to be comfortable! We also suggest you bring your non-resident CCW applications to the class if you would like assistance in filling them out. 

Q: What forms of payment does VIP CCW Services accept?

Student enrollment fees are project via our website we accept major credit cards and PayPal. 

Q: What if I cannot attend my scheduled Zoom Group Class?

If you cannot attend your Zoom class, please let us know as soon as you know you are not able to attend and we will gladly put you in the next scheduled Zoom Class.

Q: What if I cannot attend the range qualification date I signed up for?

Canceling your range date prior to 24 hours of your scheduled qualification can be re-scheduled free of charge.

Due to the planning and coordination involved, range qualifications that are cancelled within 24 hours of your scheduled qualification will be re-scheduled accompanied by a $90 re-scheduling fee.


If you cannot attend an in-person class (for example our Multi-State CCW Class), if it is re-scheduled prior to 24 hours, it can be re-scheduled free of charge.

In-Person Classes cancelled within 24 hours of your scheduled class will be re-scheduled accompanied by a $40 re-scheduling fee.

Q: Can I arrive late to the range qualification?

At the beginning of each range qualification is a mandatory safety brief. If you are not able to attend the entire range qualification, from start to finish, we would need to please re-schedule your session for another day.

Additionally, we are required to teach you the entire class curriculum per CA PC requirements.

If you are late, your class must be re-scheduled in order to ensure we meet these requirements.

Q: Can I arrive to the Zoom class late or not be present for the entire Zoom class?

No. If you are not able to attend the entire Zoom session, we kindly ask you schedule a zoom session whereby you can be present for the entirety of class. We are required to teach you the entire class curriculum per CA PC requirements.

If you cannot attend the entire class, please re-schedule yourself using our online learning portal. Late arrivals will not be admitted.

Q: What is your refund policy?

We recognize that students have busy schedules and may be unable to make their scheduled class. However there is planning, time and resource allocation involved in teaching and setting up all our classes. For this reason, we are not able to refund student tuition fees once a student enrolls in one of our classes.

We would be happy to re-schedule you for a future class date if for some reason you are not able to attend your scheduled class. We kindly ask that you please re-schedule your class for a date within 90 days of your initially scheduled class.  

Under no circumstances will a student who has participated in any portion of our classes be given a refund. This includes accessing our student portal.

Q: I am a public figure, celebrity, dignitary, elected officer or judge. Confidentiality is important to me. Will VIP CCW Services sign a non-disclosure agreement?

Yes! We have done it before and we will do it for you. Your information is kept confidential unless you tell us otherwise.

Q: I want to have a private class taught at my office, residence or a VIP CCW Services location, is it possible to set up a private class for me and or my private group?

Yes! We do it all the time. We have customizable private and group classes. Send us an e-mail to learn more. Both are Multi-State CCW Class and Los Angeles County CCW Permit class can be taught a your location such as your office paired with a range convenient for you and or your private group.

Q: Do I need to bring a firearm and or ammunition to the non-resident CCW class?

Students are to bring their firearm to class however no ammunition is allowed in the classroom for any of our classes, no exceptions will be made to this rule.

For students wanting to apply for the Los Angeles County CCW Permit or the Florida non-resident CCW Permit, a separate handgun competency assessment, utilizing live fire will be required. In this instance, students will need to bring their own firearm and ammunition to the range.

Q: What happens if I sign up for a class and for some reason I am unable to attend on the date I signed up for?

Students who are unable to attend the class on the date they reserved are able to make up the class within 90 days of their initial class date. Due to the planning and costs involved in setting up classes once a student enrolls, refunds are not given. We would be happy to re-schedule you for a future class.

Q: Where does VIP CCW Services hold classes?

VIP CCW Services teaches non-resident CCW Permit classes and California CCW Permit classes and firearms instruction throughout Southern California to include the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Kern and San Diego. 

Q: Do I get a certificate once I complete the class?

Yes. Students who satisfactorily complete our Multi State classes receive a certificate. On the certificate at minimum will include the Instructors Name, State Instructor Certification Seal, NRA Handgun Instructor Number and Students full legal name. When students complete our Los Angeles County CCW Permit Class, they receive a certificate certifying that they have completed the training requirements as per CA Penal Code 26165.

Q: The multi-state CCW Class taught by VIP CCW Services meets the pre-requisite requirements for several state’s non-resident CCW Permits. Once I complete the class, I can immediately apply for non-resident CCW permits. Utah shall issue a permit within 60 days. Why would I want more than one non-resident CCW Permit? 

Great question. There are actually a multitude of reasons: 

  • Reciprocity agreements and laws often change. The more multi-state CCW permits you have, the broader your coverage area is to carry a concealed firearm throughout the US. For example, if one of your state permits no longer has reciprocity or recognition with a particular state, your other permits may still have provide you coverage. 
  • Possessing more than one non-resident CCW permit increases the number of states you can legally carry a concealed firearm. For example, the Utah non-resident CCW Permit is not valid in New Mexico but the Florida non-resident CCW Permit and the Arizona non-resident permit is. Additionally, for example, the Utah and Arizona non-resident CCW permits are not valid in Florida. However by obtaining the Florida non-resident CCW Permit one can legally carry in Florida
  • Non-resident CCW permits have expiration dates and need to be renewed. By having multiple non-resident CCW permits, you minimize the risk of a permit expiring and losing CCW rights.

Q: Is there a difference in where one can carry (CCW) with a non-resident CCW Permit vs. resident CCW Permit?

Yes. For example, if you have a Utah resident CCW Permit, Florida will accept it via a reciprocity agreement with Utah, however, a Utah non-resident CCW permit is not valid for carry (CCW) in Florida. The solution if one wants to carry in Florida would be to obtain a Florida non-resident CCW permit via taking the multi-state CCW class from VIP CCW Services.

Q: Does VIP CCW Services issue me my non-resident CCW Permits or California CCW Permit?

No. VIP CCW Services does not issue you your CCW Permit. Permits are issued by the issuing authority, ie. Arizona Department Of Public Safety, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. VIP CCW Services provides instruction that exceeds the mandated pre-requisite training requirement.

Q: A misdemeanor offense exists in my criminal record. Will this prohibit me from obtaining a non-resident CCW permit?

For this you should contact the issuing authority directly. For example, if you are considering the Utah non-resident CCW Permit, you would contact the Utah Department of Public Safety (BCI) at (801) 965-4445. 

Q: Does VIP CCW Services offer military and first responder discounts?

Yes! Thank you for your service. First Responders should enter first responder in the discount section at checkout. Military (current and former) should enter military in the discount section at checkout.

Q: If I obtain a non-resident CCW permit, can I carry a concealed firearm in California?

No, unfortunately CCW permits from other states are not honored in California. In order to carry in California, you would need a California CCW Permit.

Q: I have a CA CCW permit. Why would I need a non-resident CCW Permit(s)

Having non-resident CCW Permits allow you to carry a concealed firearm in states that border California and in the great majority of the United States. For example, if you obtain non-resident CCW Permits, you can legally carry in border states such as Nevada, Arizona and Oregon.