VIP CCW Services is authorized by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department to teach the firearms training requirement for their CCW license.
This class is 8 hours as per requirements set forth by SB2 and is taught in adherence to California PC 26165.
Range Qualifications (which includes classroom work and practical skills training) are scheduled thru our online portal at dates and times convenient for the student! Both weekday and weekend range qualification times are available!
For Orange County Students, we utilize FT3 Range.
In this class you will learn topics including but not limited to:
- California laws regarding the possession of a firearm in public as per SB2
- California laws regarding the safe storage of a firearm within a residence and in public
- California laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm
- Criminal and Civil liability laws regarding firearms
- Safe Handling of firearms including assembly, disassembly, cleaning and reassembly.
- Firearm safety, responsible firearm ownership.
- Safe storage, handling, transportation and maintenance of a firearm.
- Different ammunition types: hollow point vs. full metal jacket.
- Responsibilities associated with possessing and carrying a firearm.
- De-escalation techniques and threat assessment.
- Holster types and selection.
- Federal Firearms laws.
- Traveling with firearms.
- How to safely, respectfully, and courteously handle a law enforcement encounter such as being pulled over.
Are you a First Responder or Military? Thank you for your service. Take advantage of a $25 discount on this class.
Please enter First Responder or Military in the discount code section at checkout.