VIP CCW Services is authorized by the Culver City Police Department to teach the firearms training requirement for their CCW license.
Our class is 16 hours long as per Culver City PD requirements.
Portions of the class are online starting with an interactive initial zoom lecture. The Zoom lecture is approximately approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes. This can all be done from the comfort of your home or office. Prior to the zoom lecture you will review reading materials inside our online learning portal.
Range Qualifications (which includes classroom training) are set up via our online portal once you sign up. For Culver City Police Department CCW Permit students, range qualifications are mostly held in the LAX area or one of the Orange County ranges we utilize (up to the student).
Students can choose to qualify in the LAX area or Orange County. Both weekday and weekend range qualification times are available!
Our training course is taught in compliance with PC 26165. Upon completion you will have satisfied the training requirement for the CCW Permit issued by the Culver City Police Department.
In this class you will learn topics including but not limited to:
- California laws regarding the possession of a firearm in public
- California laws regarding the safe storage of a firearm within a residence and in public
- California laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm
- Criminal and Civil liability laws regarding firearms
- Safe Handling of firearms including assembly, disassembly, cleaning and reassembly.